Music Design Assignment

The song I chose for my assignment was "Waves" featuring Chris Brown, by Kanye West.  The lyrics I aimed to capture are from the chorus, "Waves don't diiiee".  Naturally, I couldn't find any sheet music on it, so, here is a piano tutorial on how to play the song so that everyone can get a good idea about what the music actually "looks like".
The album I chose my song from is "The Life of Pablo", by Kanye West.  The album consists of 19 songs: Ultralight Beam, Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1, Pt. 2, Famous, Feedback, Low Lights, Highlights, Freestyle 4, I Love Kanye, Waves, FML, Real Friends, Wolves, Frank's Track, Siiiiiiiiilver Surffffeeeeer Intermission, 30 Hours, No More Parties in LA, Facts (Charlie Heat Version), and Fade.  The album released Valentines day, 2016. 
My project is a lot of what the song makes me feel when I listen to it.  Very euphoric and happy, even hopeful in a time of hardship.  I take inspiration in this project from Takashi Murakami, who did artwork for Kanye West's "Graduation" album cover.   
 Overall, it may look random, however it is what courses through my body when I hear the song play.

Comments

Popular Posts