Macro/Micro Organisms/Chance Project

For the macro/micro point project, I used plants to emphasize point--more specifically the focal point of a composition.


The first version of the project is just a saturated take on all of the pictures I took.  The saturation and extra contrast allow the focal points such as flowers to appear more clearly on the background.  The colors are much richer as well as brighter, making for a much more vivid composition overall.


The second version of the composition is a "toon" versoin which gives off an intersting texture on all of the photos.  The flowers and plants seem to carry extra texture and resemble video game graphics in my personal opinion.  It's very "poppy" and trendy, however, I feel like the points are not highlighted any more or less by this design.


The inverted color version of the collage looks the best by far.  The colors are not as attractive, however, the points are much more clearly defined when all colors are inverted.  Different colors come out A LOT better as an inverted image as opposed to the standard images.  


The inverted design also looked kind of cool on a t-shirt as a graphic.  Simple, mysterious, and harmonious, it works well with the dark shirt.  

I also made this my chance project, as nature is not planned, it simply is.  I could not have predicted the placement of these plants as I didn't grow them or play any part in nurturing them.  I could only take pictures of what was already there in the enviroment.

If looked at closely, many shadows and bends in the plant life is the effect of the sun and wind which, by no means, can be controlled by any human I know of.  Other than the quality of the photo, which is completely on me, the liklihood of me running into the particular subjects I captured was totally left up to chance.  


Comments

Popular Posts