Continuous Line Drawings



The photos displayed above are continuos line drawings.  Each object was drawn with one line, forcing me to focus on form above all in order to avoid lifting my pen/pencil from the paper.  One consistent line throughout makes for some of the most basic drawings one can create and brings focus to shape and form through line.

As Andy Warhol was the inspiration for this assignment, I colored a couple of my drawings to mock his colorwaves.  I used split complementary colors to recreate the feel of some of Warhol's most iconic pieces in pop art.  On top of that, I used overall bright colors, also characteristic of traditional Warhol pieces. 

Lastly, I combined a man made object with one straight out of nature.  I decided to illustrate a child's shoe and morph the strap into that of a flower plant.  Doing so puts the focus of the piece on the plant as it's the most center piece and it throws the shoe's balance off.  The shoe itself becomes a small part of the piece as the elegance of the plant demands more attention. 

Comments

Popular Posts